I could totally do goals! I could. I had a good 2019 for writing goals, bad on some fronts, but better than if I hadn’t had the goals.
2019’s Writing Goals:
- Finish 1000 poems
- Finish 365 ficlets (fanfic one-shots count here even if longer)
- Finish 52 original short stories
2019’s Accomplishments: Well, to start off with, I haven’t properly run all the numbers, but I’ll take a stab at the poetry despite not having finished typing things up.
- Finished more than 1000 poems (980ish typed and we won’t discuss the backlog of in notebook, not typed)
- Finished 213 fanfic or original ficlets
- Finished 9 original short stories
Boy, do I want to move that #3 needle, but that wasn’t a bad 3rd run at writing prose daily. Not what I wanted, but not bad.
So next year: I want to do all the things, to be honest. I want to finish writing books, compiling anthologies, finish those gift stories I never did because the guilt hangs over my head all the time, and I want to finish short stories too. I want to crosspost things to patreon and publish every week, so people have a reason to subscribe, and collect the month’s haul of writing into something publishable, and the truth is I haven’t compiled reasonable goals yet. I could keep up with the average 3 poems/day and that wouldn’t be hard, but I truly want to focus in on producing and making available fiction.
Ah, we’ll see what happens.